Anti-Double Stranded DNA Antibody (Anti-dsDNA) - Human
Catalog No :RS01Ab0001
Application :WB, ICC, IHC-P, IHC-F, ELISA
Immunoglobulin Type : IgG
Purification : Affinity Chromatography
Conjugate : No Conjugate
- DsDNA (double stranded deoxyribonucleic acid) is a molecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses.
- The monomer consists of phosphorylated 2-deoxyribose N-glycosidically linked to one of four bases, A,T,G,C. These are linked together by 3',5'-phosphodiester bridges.
- The two strands of DNA run in opposite directions to each other. Anti-dsDNA has been shown to be useful, in the detection of dsDNA in fx. Crithidia luciliae -a monoflagellate protozoan, containing a giant mitochondrion.
- The antibody can be used for easy quantification of in vitro cell proliferation by ELISA and has successfully been used for monitoring cytotoxity and apoptosis.
- The antibody is a rabbit polyclonal antibody raised against Anti-dsDNA.
- It has been selected for its ability to recognize Anti-dsDNA in immunohistochemical staining and western blotting.
- Western blotting: 1:100-400
- Immunocytochemistry in formalin fixed cells: 1:100-500
- Immunohistochemistry in formalin fixed frozen section: 1:100-500
- Immunohistochemistry in paraffin section: 1:50-200
- Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay: 1:100-200
- Optimal working dilutions must be determined by end user.
- Supplied as solution form in PBS,
- containing 0.02% NaN3,
- 50% glycerol.
- Store at 4oC for frequent use.
- Stored at -20oC to -80oC in a manual defrost freezer for one year without detectable loss of activity.
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles