Native Transferrin (TRF) - Pig
Catalog no : RS01P0272
Application : SDS-PAGE; WB; ELISA; IP.
Organism : Pig
Purity : > 90%
Host : Pig
Expression System : Pig
Mol. Mass : n/a
Chemical Formula : n/a
Concentration : n/a
Assembled by : Uscn Life Science Inc.Wuhan
Formulation : Supplied as lyophilized form in 50mM TRIS, 200mM NaCl
Usage : Reconstitute in sterile PBS, pH7.2-pH7.4.
Relevance : Transferrins are iron-binding blood plasma glycoproteins that control the level of free iron in biological fluids. When a transferrin protein loaded with iron encounters a transferrin receptor on the surface of a cell, it binds to it and, as a consequence, is transported into the cell in a vesicle by receptor-mediated endocytosis. The liver is the main site of transferrin synthesis, but other tissues and organs, such as the brain, also produce it. Transferrin is also associated with the innate immune system. It is found in the mucosa and binds iron, thus creating an environment low in free iron that impedes bacterial survival in a process called iron withholding. The level of transferrin decreases in inflammation. Transferrin imbalance can have serious health effects for those with low or high serum transferrin levels.
Storage and Stability :
- Storage : Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Store at 2-8oC for one month. Aliquot and store at -80oC for 12 months.
- Stability Test : The thermal stability is described by the loss rate of the target protein. The loss rate was determined by accelerated thermal degradation test, that is, incubate the protein at 37oC for 48h, and no obvious degradation and precipitation were observed. (Referring from China Biological Products Standard, which was calculated by the Arrhenius equation.) The loss of this protein is less than 5% within the expiration date under appropriate storage condition.
About the Marker (complimentary) :
- Effective Size Range : 10kDa to 70kDa.
- Protein bands : 10kDa, 14kDa, 18kDa, 22kDa, 26kDa, 33kDa, 44kDa and 70kDa.
- Double intensity bands : The 26kDa, 18kDa, 10kDa bands are at double intensity to make location and size approximation of proteins of interest quick and easy.
- Ready-to-use : No need to heat, dilute or add reducing agents before use.